GED tutoring and testing – Individualized one on one tutoring to prepare students to pass the GED exam to attend college or further their education via trade schools.
Adult Basic Education – Teaching adults to read, write, and basic arithmetic.
• Learn to Earn – Workforce development program that teaches resume writing, job interview skills, career coaching, and soft skills to prepare community members for gainful employment. Financial and Digital Literacy are included.
• English as a Second Language (ESL) – This program teaches students how to read and speak English. ESL is taught in class format and one on one.
• Youth in-school tutoring – We send tutors into local elementary schools to work with children falling behind in reading and math.
• After school tutoring – Open to students all across Baldwin County. Elementary school-age children come to our offices after school for one on one tutoring and homework help.
• Summer Reading – Includes one on one tutoring, literacy games, and prizes for reading logs. Summer Reading prevents the summer side and reinforces education over the summer.
• Spanish Classes – Introduction courses on speaking Spanish
• French Class – Introduction course to speaking French
• Bilingual Pre-K Program – Designed for children ages 3-5 who live in Spanish-speaking homes. Our Pre K readiness program prepares children entering into the public school systems to reach the Alabama Kindergarten Benchmarks.
• Book Partnerships and Home Libraries - SBLC distributes free books to local children, organizations and facilities. Access to books in the home is a critical part of the education process. SBLC supports multiple local organizations with free books, including Foley County Jail, Foley Public Library, Christian Service Center, and Ecumenical Ministries.
Location: 21441 U.S. 98, Foley, AL, USA